We finished this semester’s Sensory with our beer cocktail presentations. There were some really interesting combinations came out of our experimentations, and it makes me want to experiment more with beer as an ingredient.
- Champagne Supernova – prosecco and beer made it bubbly and dry
- Red Sky at Night – my group’s concoction, using grilled strawberry puree, basil, cachaca, ginger liqueur and Weyebacher’s Tart Nouveau.
- Farmhands Paradise – mango based. Not my favourite, but it won the tasting competition.
- Thomas More aka Rosie O’Dillon – this was lovely, with Dillon’s rose gin.
- Mocha Beer Float – they used the NC Brewmaster Stout with chocolate ice cream and Kahlua. Nice smooth initial taste, but finished a bit too bitter and hot.
- Bud’s Pink Lady – Bud Light, vodka and pink lemonade. I could see myself drinking too many of these on a hot summer day.